Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving is a favorite!

I love holidays! I love everything about them. I love the foods, the decorations, the smells associated with them. I especially love Thanksgiving. Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I really love beautiful fall-colored trees. My children get so weary of me saying "Oh look at that tree! Isn't that beautiful!" Their answers usually range from the "yes mom, that was the same tree on the way that you said that about" or just making fun of me in general. I am also a purist when it comes to holidays. I firmly believe that you don't decorate for the next one until the current one is over. I would NEVER even think of putting up a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving! I love my pumpkins and scarecrows and oranges and reds and golds way too much to skip over them. I think the thing I like best about Thanksgiving is that it is what it is. It has not been commercialized because how can you really do that to "thankfulness" anyway. It is just there or it is not. I know those who are just thankful people all of the time. It is just part of their personality. However, I find that I need a specific day to cause me to really reflect on all of the blessings that I have been given. So...even though this was posted a couple of days after Thanksgiving, I pray that each of you pause to reflect on those amazing and wonderful blessings that it is so easy to overlook and ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment